Big Bob Gibson's White Barbecue Sauce
Prepare to amaze your friends and family. A hint, as long as you know that nobody has a food allergy I would suggest not telling them the ingredients until after they taste this. Some people freak out about mayo. They are strange, we love them regardless, heck, I married one of these people, but she loved this when I made it.
Next you can find this recipe all over the internet on a lot of sites and even purchase it from Bob Gibson. My go to site and one that I have a paid subscription to is amazingribs.com and I got the recipe from the free portion of that site. You can see it HERE. I keep this sauce in our fridge at all times now.
Makes. 1.5 cups of sauce, enough for 2 large chickens or 3 Cornish game hens, which serves 4 to 6 people
Takes. 10 minutes for the sauce, about 45 minutes to cook the meat
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup apple juice
1 tablespoon powdered garlic
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish from a jar (either in vinegar or creamy)
1 tablespoon coarsely ground black (I use Aleppo or Spices Inc's PA Pepper) pepper
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon finely ground cayenne pepper (can omit if substituting Aleppo for black pepper
1) Whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate in a jar for at least 2 hours, if possible, to allow the flavors to meld.
2) When the chicken comes off the grill dunk it in the sauce or baste the chicken with the sauce.
3) Make sure there are plenty of napkins
4) Prepare yourself to humbly accept the accolades
5) If you wanted to discuss something but not really get any feedback, now is the time because nobody will be talking during the meal; they will be eating!